Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew.
You can cook Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew
- You need of (2 sweet potatoes chopped).
- You need of chopped celery (optional).
- You need of medium white onion.
- It’s of bag mini carrots.
- You need of can corn.
- Prepare of Or 12oz bag of frozen mixed veggies.
- It’s of diced tomatoes.
- It’s of beef chuck roast cut into ½ inch cubes.
- It’s of bacon strips.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of seasoned salt and pepper.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of paprika.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of dried parsley.
- Prepare of beef bullion cubes.
- You need of water.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew step by step
- Crockpot bags are the key to success!.
- In a pan cook bacon strips..
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Measure to get a heaping 3 cups and place in the prepared slow cooker..
- Add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, the bag of carrots, drained can of corn and undrained can of diced tomatoes and bacon.
- Toss together the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss the cut meat (cut in 1 inch cubes if not pre-cut) in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Place the coated meat in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables. You do not need to pre-cook the meat at all..
- Add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley..
- Crumble in the boullion cubes and the water..
- Stir everything together and try to submerge the meat below the veggies to keep it as tender as possible. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through and tender. All slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine takes about 8 hours on low..
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf..
- Stir the ingredients together and slightly mash the tender sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This gives it a chunkier and thicker stew consistency and it's delicious!.