BLT Ranch Pasta Salad. BLT Pasta Salad with a homemade creamy ranch dressing is exactly what you want to be eating as the weather warms up. Crispy bacon, crunchy Romaine, sweet tomatoes, pasta, and a creamy flavored packed Ranch dressing. Growing up, my Mom made a point to make sure we had dinner.
This is an easy but flavorful pasta salad that I'm always asked to bring to potlucks. With chunks of onion, tomato, and bacon, smothered in Ranch dressing, it is full of flavor! Adding pasta to salad isn't an entirely new concept. You can cook BLT Ranch Pasta Salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BLT Ranch Pasta Salad
- Prepare 1 pound of bacon, chopped and fried crisp.
- Prepare 12-16 ounce of pasta, cooked well.
- You need 1-2 of large firm tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ranch dressing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dill weed.
Remember this Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad? It's a great way to bulk up a regular salad. How to make this blt pasta salad successfully. The same ingredients that compose a great sandwich create a superb salad for six in less than half an hour.
BLT Ranch Pasta Salad step by step
- Cook pasta, a little over cooked is best because it firms up when chilled. Rinse in cold water and leave to drain well..
- Chop and cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels..
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl..
- Add in cooled pasta and bacon..
- Mix well and serve immediately or store to let flavors blend..
- Great as is, or over some greens of your choosing. I had baby spinach on hand, so that's what I used. I also used a 12 ounce box of bow tie pasta this time, but I also love this salad with small-medium shell pasta, but anything you like will work..
In large bowl, mix pasta, onion and tomatoes; toss gently with dressing to coat. Packed with tender pasta, a creamy ranch dressing, and BLT fixings, your favorite sandwich gets a makeover in with this easy BLT Pasta Salad! It's that time of year where you can just walk outside and smell those outdoor grills cookin' up some delicious burgers, hot dogs, or chicken. This Ranch BLT Pasta salad is also a great potluck dish and can really serve quite a few if you double or triple this recipe (as most pasta dishes do). Cook shell pasta according to package directions.