Cold Tortellini Pasta Salad. An easy and delicious cold pasta salad tastes like an Italian antipasto platter, with cheese tortellini, olives, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and marinated artichoke hearts. Cook the tortellini according to package instructions, drain in a colander set in the sink, and rinse with cold water. Learn how to make my easy Italian tortellini salad perfect for a summer picnic in this fun collab with Gemma Stafford of Bigger Bolder Baking.
We make it a few times every year because it's so easy to make and feeds a crowd. This addictive Tortellini Pasta Salad is tossed with a flavorful homemade dressing and is sure to vanish quickly at your next party or BBQ! Once it gets too hot or too cold I start to longingly stroke my passport and curse society for not delivering on those flying cars I was promised as a kid. You can cook Cold Tortellini Pasta Salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cold Tortellini Pasta Salad
- It’s 1 lb of frozen cheese tortellini.
- Prepare 1/2 small of green pepper, small diced.
- It’s 2 small of celery, halved and thin sliced, (not entire stalk just 2 sticks).
- Prepare 10 of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 3 of baby carrots halved and thin sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet Vidallia onion salad dressing.
- Prepare 1 cup of small cubed cheddar cheese.
This tortellini pasta salad is especially perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks because it is PACKED with amazing flavor, yet the ingredients are so simple. In addition to the tortellini, this recipe calls for chopped spinach, olives, parmesan cheese, and cherry tomatoes. It's all topped off with some. Tortellini pasta salad is perfect for spring and summer, and it makes a great side dish or easy vegetarian meal.
Cold Tortellini Pasta Salad instructions
- cook tortellini according to directions. drain completely cool and refrigerate while chopping you're veggies..
- dry all ingredients so no water or liquid remains..
- add all ingredients into a large bowl. toss to coat with dressing..
- revegetate until ready to serve..
- serve alongside your favorite dish. great for bbq's!.
- (i omitted tomatoes and cheddar this go round only cuz I didn't have any. you can omit any of the ingredients our sub regular onion with Vidallia onion our green onion. sub cheddar with any other cubed cheese.enjoy! :).
We have a long warm season here in Alabama. "Summer" really runs from about May until October, with some nice milder days around it. That kind of weather has me longing for simple. Italian Tortellini Salad – the BEST Italian Pasta Salad Recipe. This EASY tortellini salad recipe is perfect for any pot-luck, picnic, cookout or backyard If you love cold tortellini salad, this Italian Tortellini Salad is a winner! It's absolutely perfect as a side dish for your next cookout or barbecue.