Peanut Butter Cookies. The peanut butter cookie recipe that most resembles modern peanut butter cookies, and introduced the now familiar cross-hatch pattern, first appeared in Ruth Wakefield's Toll House Tried and True. These cookies were for sure the best Peanut Butter cookies I ever made. I too added just a little more flour and a little more Peanut.
Soft and chewy packed with peanut butter flavor. Plus they're quick and easy to make! A peanut butter cookie is a type of cookie that is distinguished for having peanut butter as a principal ingredient. You can have Peanut Butter Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cookies
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of solid vegetable shortening.
- You need 1 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring.
If crunchy peanut butter is used, the resulting cookie may contain peanut fragments. Learn how to make classic peanut butter cookies. Quick and easy to prepare and super delicious! Peanut butter cookies are always a classic hit to enjoy with your family and friends.
Peanut Butter Cookies step by step
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda until well combined. Set aside..
- With mixer, cream the peanut butter and shortening until well combined..
- Add sugars and cream until fully mixed. Add vanilla and mix..
- Stir flour into peanut butter mixture. Fold until just mixed with no flour showing. Dont over mix..
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop by spoonfuls about an inch apart..
- With fork, make criss cross pattern on top of cookies..
- Bake at 350 degrees 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown..
- Let cool on baking pan for 2 minutes. Remove and place on cooling rack or plate to cool..
- You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter. I also like using the butter flavored shortening for extra flavor..
These peanut butter cookies are quick, simple, and fun to make, which means that you will be enjoying them in no. Crispy peanut butter cookie recipes include smaller quantities of ingredients that retain moisture. Soft peanut butter cookie recipes will contain more fat. Fat adds tenderness and flavor to cookies. With just three ingredients, these simple peanut butter cookies will delight kids and grown-ups alike – and they're gluten-free, too.