Peanut Butter Cookies. The peanut butter cookie recipe that most resembles modern peanut butter cookies, and introduced the now familiar cross-hatch pattern, first appeared in Ruth Wakefield's Toll House Tried and True. These cookies were for sure the best Peanut Butter cookies I ever made. I too added just a little more flour and a little more Peanut.
Soft and chewy packed with peanut butter flavor. Plus they're quick and easy to make! A peanut butter cookie is a type of cookie that is distinguished for having peanut butter as a principal ingredient. You can cook Peanut Butter Cookies using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prepare 200 grams of plain flour (7 oz).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 115 grams of unsalted butter (4 oz).
- You need 100 grams of caster sugar (3 1/2 oz).
- It’s 100 grams of unrefined light brown sugar (3 1/2 oz).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 225 grams of crunchy peanut butter (8oz).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
If crunchy peanut butter is used, the resulting cookie may contain peanut fragments. Learn how to make classic peanut butter cookies. Quick and easy to prepare and super delicious! Peanut butter cookies are always a classic hit to enjoy with your family and friends.
Peanut Butter Cookies instructions
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars until soft and creamy.
- Combine the egg, flour mixture, peanut butter and salt.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in foil or parchment and refrigerate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC (325ºF / Gas mark 3).
- Shape the dough into 3-cm (1 1/4-in) balls and place them 5cm (2 in) apart on baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork..
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
These peanut butter cookies are quick, simple, and fun to make, which means that you will be enjoying them in no. Crispy peanut butter cookie recipes include smaller quantities of ingredients that retain moisture. Soft peanut butter cookie recipes will contain more fat. Fat adds tenderness and flavor to cookies. With just three ingredients, these simple peanut butter cookies will delight kids and grown-ups alike – and they're gluten-free, too.