Blueberry pie. They neutralize free radicals, protect your heart, improve your vision, and protect against degenerative brain diseases. I have used fresh blueberries and frozen blueberries. Classic blueberry pie gets an extra note of zing from the juice and zest of a lemon and is wrapped in a flakey butter crust that's nearly foolproof.
And since Father's Day is around the corner, I made homemade blueberry pie, his And he said it was "simply the best blueberry pie" he's ever had. (Hi Dad I know you're reading. Blueberry pie is a pie with a blueberry filling. Blueberry pie is considered one of the easiest pies to make because it does not require pitting or peeling of fruit. You can cook Blueberry pie using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry pie
- It’s 2 pounds of frozen blueberries.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of each.
- You need of All spices.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of cold butter that been cut to dots.
- You need 2 of pie crust.
- Prepare of Egg wash with milk.
It usually has a top and bottom crust. The top crust can be a circular crust but the pie can also have a crumble crust or no top crust at all. This is the best homemade Blueberry Pie Recipe you'll ever make! It's made from scratch with a fresh blueberry pie filling and NO cornstarch, and includes step-by-step instructions with photos and a video!
Blueberry pie instructions
- Prepare the pie crust spread one on top pie pan and fork it.
- In bowl add add ingredients and mix add on top the pie crust add the dots of butter and cover with the other pie crust and refrigerate for 20 minutes then egg wash it when you ready to cook it.
- Reheat oven 400 f when it’s heated put the pie cook for 20 minutes then reduced the heat to 350 f for 45 minutes let it rest for 2 hours 😉.
Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over blueberry mixture. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over blueberries. If you love blueberries, which we're guessing you do if you're reading this recipe, this is a great way to show the depth of your devotion. If it's not literally bursting with blueberries, it's not worth it. Get the recipe from She Blueberry Peach Pie.