Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. Nothing warms you up on a cold day quite like chicken pot pie. This shortcut version comes together surprisingly fast, despite tasting like something it would've taken your grandma all day to make. Traditional chicken pot pie, with a homemade crust and a slow-simmered filling, is undoubtably wonderful, but it requires the better half of an afternoon The filling comes together quickly in a skillet.
Chicken pot pies are a delicious snack or meal. For many people, cooking a chicken pot pie in a skillet only enhances the flavor and texture of dish. The major difference between a regular pot pie and a skillet pot pie is the way it is cooked and that the pastry goes over the filling and skillet rather. You can have Skillet Chicken Pot Pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked diced chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 of carrots diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- It’s 8 of Pillsbury grands biscuits.
No rolling pin is needed for Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. Refrigerated pie crusts give you a leg up in the preparation of this classic comfort dish. Who doesn't like chicken pot pie? Rotisserie chicken, store-bought puff pastry, and just one skillet keep this hearty dinner recipe from feeling too fussy—or taking all day to make.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- In cast iron skillet heat oil and melt butter medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and thyme and cook until veggies are soft..
- Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Blend in flour and cook another minute..
- Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream stirring constantly until thickened..
- Stir in chicken, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add peas and parsley and mix well. Top with biscuits and cook in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes..
If you've never worked with frozen puff pastry before, know this: Letting it thaw overnight in the fridge overnight is. The key to this easy, yummy homemade chicken pot pie is scratch filling with Pillsbury™ Grands!™ biscuits on top! This skillet chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food perfect for cold winter nights with a golden pastry crust and loaded with creamy chicken and veggies. Easy, one-skillet chicken pot pie with vegetables baked in a cream sauce and topped with buttery puff pastry. The issue with making a homemade chicken pot pie recipe is how long it takes to make it.