Savory pie dough. Today we make the crust for our chicken pot pie. We add some thyme to make it a little more interesting and we even make it the lazy way by using a food. I grew up on these delicious perogies.
This is an awesome pie crust to use when you want to make a savory pie or tart like the Tomato. Preparation Mix the flour and salt in a food processor. This pie dough recipe is based on the classic French equivalent, Pate Brisee. You can have Savory pie dough using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory pie dough
- You need 500 grams of flour.
- It’s 50 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of salt.
- It’s 250 grams of butter.
- It’s 125 ml of water.
It has a lower ratio of butter than a traditional Directions for: Savoury Pie Crust. Savory Breakfast Pie with Bacon Lattice Crust. When it comes to the first meal of the day, we Forget the boring casserole you used to know. Instead, wrap it in flaky pie dough for a hearty dish that's.
Savory pie dough step by step
- Cut the butter into small cubes (the smaller the better and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Make a sablage with the butter and flour, do not over mix (to do a sablage: if you have a "Kitchen Aid type" mixer, put the flour and the butter and mix it with the paddle, until you obtain a sand texture, if you don't have that kind of mixer put the flour and butter on a table and cut the butter with a scraper until a sand texture is obtained).
- Add the salt and water and mix until all ingredients are well blended, not over mixing.
- divide the dough into 4 portions and Wrapit and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Savory pies—including pot pie, shepherd's pie, and tamale pie—are traditionally a combination of Toppings can include puff pastry, biscuit dough, cornbread, mashed potatoes, and refrigerated pie. This savory pie crust recipe comes from chef Emeril Lagasse and can be used to make his Herbed While the machine is running, gradually drizzle in the water, processing until the dough comes. Keeping your pie dough as cold as possible helps prevent the fat from melting. If the butter melts Transfer the pie dough to a floured work surface. These savory snacks are made with kale and sun-dried tomatoes, then topped with broiled Parmesan cheese.