Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. Pepper Steak and Mushroom Meat Pie Recipe.
From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. English meat pies are beloved all over the world! You can have Meat pie using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare 2 of medium potato peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of dried thyme.
- Prepare of Meat pie dough.
- It’s 1/3 clove of garlic chopped.
English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers. This tasty treat is said to originate from Cornwall, England. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one!
Meat pie step by step
- Place the potato in a sauce pan with enough water to cover.Bring to a boil,and cook until tender,about 5minutes.Drain, mash and set aside..
- Crumble the ground beef into a large saucepan,and add garlic,onion and water.Season with onga and mr,chef and salt..
- Cook over medium heat,stirring to crumble the meat and mix in the spices,until meat is evenly browned.Remove from the heat,and mix in the mashed potato..
- Place one of the pie crusts into a 9inch pie plate.Fill with the meat mixture,then top with the other pie crust.Prick the top crust a few times with a knife to vent steam.Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork,and remove any excess dough..
- Put a minimum amount of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan,allow it to to become hot.Fry the meat pie until the colour turns to brown,or the crust has browned.Serve by itself or with a cool drink..
See more ideas about meat pie, recipes, cooking recipes. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Makes these delicious meat pies using a pie maker! Easy pie maker recipe with step-by-step photos.