Simple thick crust pizza dough. What a treat for my and husbanad and me. I've never made dough from scratch before and this couldn't be easier. This recipe makes homemade pizza a simple dinner any night of the week.
This homemade pizza dough recipe is great for beginners and yields a soft and chewy pizza crust. Pizza dough starts with a basic bread dough. We like to add a little olive oil to our dough to give added flavor and to make the dough nice and That's why our pizza dough only goes through one, short rise time if you want a thick crust pizza and NO rise time if you want a thin and crispy crust pizza. You can have Simple thick crust pizza dough using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple thick crust pizza dough
- It’s 17 1/2 oz of AP flour.
- You need 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 packet (7 g) of instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 12 1/4 oz of water.
What makes this thin crust pizza dough recipe easy? In a sentence: You don't need to stretch the dough. Stretching pizza dough isn't hard, but Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian. Pizza dough is simple to make, and once it's stretched out you just have to top it and bake it in a hot But even I consider stretching the dough a pain point.
Simple thick crust pizza dough step by step
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
This winter I challenged myself to make Don't worry if the edge (or what will be the crust) isn't thicker than the center — the toppings will. A step by step guide for making homemade Pizza Dough. This easy pizza dough recipe is quick and inexpensive and adaptable for thin or thick crust pizza! Making a thick crust pizza takes a little longer but it's worth it. **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.