Tri-Tip with Sicilian Herb Sauce.
You can have Tri-Tip with Sicilian Herb Sauce using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tri-Tip with Sicilian Herb Sauce
- You need of fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s of peeled, minced garlic.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- You need of coarse sea salt.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s of well-trimmed tri-tip beef roast.
Tri-Tip with Sicilian Herb Sauce instructions
- Chop all spices..
- Combine all spices and juices and juice in a gallon-sized zip lock bag and mix together..
- Trim your meat..
- Add the meat to the bag of spices and zip the bag shut..
- Mix the spices into the meat by poorly attempting a juggling act. Understand you are not a clown. Pretend you didn't drop the bag, hope no one saw you, and set in the fridge over night..
- Bring to room temperature prior to grilling..
- Deny dropping the bag on the floor/ground to your wife, promptly change the subject, take a swig of rum, mutter a few lines from your favorite pirate movie while squinting with one eye and acting like you have a peg leg as you make your way to the grill..
- Sprinkle the roast generously on both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes by up to 2 hours..
- IF USING GAS GRILL: wrap wood chips in foil; pierce all over with fork. Remove top grill rack, place foil packet directly on burner, and replace grill rack. Place roast over packet and grill uncovered 6 minutes (wood in foil will begin to smoke). Turn roast over. Move to spot on grill where heat is indirect and medium-hot. Cover grill and cook until thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 128°F to 135°F for medium-rare, turning roast occasionally, about 13 minutes..
- IF USING CHARCOAL GRILL: sprinkle wood chips over coals and place roast on rack. Cook roast uncovered 7 minutes. Turn roast over. Move roast to spit on grill where heat is indirect and medium-hot. Cover grill and cook until thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 128°F to 135°F for medium-rare, turning roast occasionally, about 13 minutes..
- Transfer roast to a platter..
- Let stand 10 minutes..
- Thinly slice roast across the grain and serve..