Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet. Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, pepper and onions until combined. Typically in a one skillet recipe like this I would do the onion, peppers, garlic first then add in the sausage and then possibly set it aside if that's necessary to make a sauce before adding the rest. Kale + Chicken Sausage StrataA Clove Of Garlic, A Pinch Of Salt.
For this sausage and rice casserole I used uncooked white jasmine rice. Some other recipes use quick cooking rice, but that isn't an ingredient I keep on hand and I wanted to see if regular rice would cook. I think of this Cajun Sausage and Rice Skillet kind of like "jambalaya light". You can have Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet
- You need 1 pack of Costco chicken Asiago garlic chicken (it’s precooked but I brown it in the oven).
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper and 1 yellow pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of par-boiled rice.
- It’s 1 of small can tomato paste.
- You need 1/3 cup of lite cream.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Adobo seasoning.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 bag of low fat shredded cheese (optional cause the sausage had cheese in already).
While I haven't tested a brown rice version, I would probably add at least another cup of chicken broth and increase the Fold everything together to redistribute the sausage, rice, and bell peppers. OMG it looks so good at this. A one-pot meal of chicken cooked with rice, peppers, corn, black beans, and lime. With that caveat aside, I'd also recommend a generous squeeze of lime on the rice and chicken—it delivers a nice bite of acid that's really necessary to round out the meal.
Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a deep oven safe pot with Pam and brown the chicken sausage in it for 30 min.
- Let it cool then place in fridge cause if you cut even at room temp the CHEESE WILL OOZE OUT!.
- Chop up onions and garlic and place in pot that has the juices from the sausage in it. Add seasonings. Sauté til clear then add garlic and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and reduce to a simmer. Once rice is almost done add paste and sausage and lite cream. Add cheese if you want too..
Make this rice and smoked sausage main dish recipe all in one skillet for an easy weeknight meal with very little cleanup. Add chicken broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, and bring to a boil. Remove rice from cooking bag; add rice, sausage, salt, and pepper to skillet. Chicken Sausage, Spelt and Pepper Skillet. In a heavy cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.