Cajun style red beans and rice. Traditional red beans and rice are made with sausage, but we don't need any of that here! I was honestly shocked when I tried my first bite of these; they I would love for you guys to try this authentic Cajun recipe for vegan red beans and rice so you can enjoy true Louisiana cookin' in your own home! Mouthwatering Flavor of Cajun Red Beans Rice and Sausage.
Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage. Prechopped vegetables and canned beans keep this version of red beans and rice simple yet satisfying. Because this recipe begins with oil-sautéed aromatics, it contains more grams of fat per serving than its boxed counterpart—but the calories and All Reviews for Cajun Red Beans and Rice. You can have Cajun style red beans and rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun style red beans and rice
- You need 1 box of family size Zatarain's red beans and rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter or vegetable oil.
- You need 2 large of green bellpeppers.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- You need 2 packages of Polska Kielbasa OR Andoullie sausage*.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 packages of Gouda cheese (or preferred cheese, Cheddar also goes well).
This is a hearty Southern dish, easy to make and full of flavor and quite spicy! Red Beans and Rice – So thick, so creamy and so flavorful! The beans are cooked just right – perfectly tender, served with rice and smoky andouille But until then, I'll be making the creamiest red beans and rice on the daily. I've done a ton of research and development for this, eating so much red beans.
Cajun style red beans and rice instructions
- Chop (dice) your bellpeppers and onion and slice sausage and set aside..
- In a large saucepan or pot add all ingredients for the red beans and rice (beans and rice, water and oil or butter)..
- Add sausage, bellpeppers, onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning and cook according to package directions..
- Cut the Gouda (or preferred cheese) into small cubes and add about five minutes before cooking is complete, or in the last five minutes that it sits..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Red beans slowly simmered with a smoky ham hock until they absorb all of its flavour before being served over rice in one flavour packed meal. One of my favourite versions at the moment is this Cajun style red beans and rice dish which is pure comfort food and it has been a perfect fit over the. with Red Rice & Beans. The Cajun cuisine of Louisiana is known for its liberal use of bold, piquant spices, a blend of which (including paprika, ground yellow mustard, and thyme) we're using to rub onto rich pork before roasting to create a light, flavorful crust. Red beans & rice is a traditional Creole dish made with red beans, veggies, and, often, leftover pork bones. It's traditionally made with soaked dried beans and simmered for hours, but this recipe uses some shortcuts so you can have it on the table in under an hour.