Tumeric Jallop Rice with chicken wings. This is one way of cooking Jollof Rice. It is a dish of African origin to be enjoyed by all. Stir in chicken, along with rice, stock and thyme leaves.
Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to please picky palates, this is a great dish for the whole family. Plus it's dairy-free, gluten-free and it all cooks in one. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. You can have Tumeric Jallop Rice with chicken wings using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tumeric Jallop Rice with chicken wings
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need of tomatoes.
- It’s of pepper and onion.
- Prepare of garlic and ginger.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- It’s of Tumeric.
- You need of peas and carrot.
- It’s of oil.
Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base for the rice. For an extra special and authentic touch. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation. I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there (not being biased, just stating facts LOL).
Tumeric Jallop Rice with chicken wings step by step
- Parbiol ur rice and keep it aside blend ur tomatoes pepper ginger and garlic keep them aside cut ur carrot to ur desired shape boil the peas and keep them aside.
- In a cooking pot heat ur oil Add the blended tomatoes with pepper ginger and garlic add little water add seasoning of ur choice with spices add tumeric allowed the water to boil then add ur parboil rice when it almost done u can add ur carrot and peas and close it for like 5min then its done garnished it with ur chicken wings and enoy.
This JOLLOF RICE and CHICKEN is an easy yet tasty one-pan meal enjoyed in West African countries. It's bursting with flavors from the tomato sauce, paprika, scotch bonnet, and the juices coming off from the well-seasoned chicken thighs. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. This version of jollof rice adds chicken for a filling dinner that cooks all in one pan. West African Jollof Rice made in the oven with big flavors.