Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella.
You can cook Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella
- You need of to 6 Chicken wings (the drumettes or the first section).
- It’s of Squid.
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- It’s of to 10 Asari or Manila clams (de-sanded).
- It’s of Green, red, or yellow peppers for decorative purposes.
- You need of Cherry tomatoes for decorative purposes.
- Prepare of White uncooked rice.
- You need of Soup stock cubes.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Saffron.
- You need of ※Onion.
- It’s of ※ Green bell pepper and tomato.
- It’s of ※Garlic.
Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella step by step
- Prep the ingredients: Finely chop all the ※ ingredients. Sprinkle a little salt on the chicken. Devein the shrimp; leave the shells on but remove the legs. Remove the guts from the squid and cut into 1 cm strips. Wash the clams by scrubbing the shells together. Pre-heat the oven to 280°C..
- Dry roast the saffron. Put a piece of aluminium foil in a paella pan, and toast the saffron threads until are fragrant and crispy. In another pan, dissolve the soup stock cubes in 3 cups (600 ml) of water, and add the saffron while crumbling with your fingers..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the paella pan, and brown the chicken wings. Don't wipe the fat that renders from the meat..
- Sauté the sofrito (the paella base). Sauté the ※ ingredients over medium heat, and simmer until there's no moisture over medium heat. Add rice without rinsing it, and sauté until translucent..
- Add back the chicken wings, and pour in the warmed soup. Add a little salt..
- Simmer like this over medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan around occasionally so that it cooks evenly..
- Arrange the shrimp, squid, and clams on top evenly, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Put the clams in facing down so that their flavor is absorbed by the rice..
- Cover with a lid, turn the heat down very low, and steam-cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave with the lid on to steam for another 5 minutes or so..
- Arrange the bell peppers and cherry tomatoes nicely on top, and then drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil..
- Bake the paella in a preheated 280°C oven for about 10 minutes until the top is crispy and brown, and it's done! Serve with lemon, and squeeze on the paella when you eat..
- This is one I made on another day. I omitted the squid and colorful peppers this time. You don't need all the ingredients – just use what you have..