Cabbage Rolls. We show you how to make these super delicious in this video. They only involve a few simple ingredients and some basic. Looking for stuffed cabbage and cabbage roll recipes?
It's actually pretty easy to make Polish cabbage rolls (golabki) and it's something I learned while helping My dad was the family cook so I learned to make Polish cabbage rolls (golabki) growing up. how to make cabbage rolls-. Though the process of making stuffed cabbage (pigs in a blanket) is slightly more time consuming than most recipes, it's SO worth the wait. Flavorful cabbage rolls, stuffed with beef, pork, and farro, and braised in a savory tomato broth until melt-in-your-mouth tender. You can have Cabbage Rolls using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls
- You need 24 of cabbage leaves, steamed or boiled until rollable (2 cabbages).
- It’s 2 lb of 85% lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk Italian hot sausage.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked white rice (Uncle Ben's).
- Prepare 1 of medium-large yellow onion.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 4 Tbs of ketchup.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 of small handful of dry bread crumbs.
- You need 2 Tbs of dried parsley.
- You need 1 Tbs of dried thyme.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomato (add 1/2 can water).
- It’s 2 (14 oz) of cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
These UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS have all the flavor of a traditional cabbage roll with minimal work! This low carb cabbage rolls recipe is super filling and totally easy for busy nights! Stuffed Cabbage Rolls – cabbage leaves stuffed with rice and ground pork with a tangy and spicy tomato based sauce seasoned with herbs and spices. A great make-ahead weeknight meal or for.
Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Core out cabbage, carefully separate leaves. Blanch 4-5 leaves at a time. About 5 minutes. Once you get your 24 leaves, boil the remaining heads of cabbage for 5 minutes. Roughly chop and set aside..
- Mix in all ingredients besides crushed and fire-roasted diced tomatoes. In a separate bowl, mix water and crushed tomatoes together..
- Take 2 9×13 pans, lightly coat bottom of pans with the crushed tomato mixture..
- Place cabbage leaf with steam down towards you. Place 3/4 cup meat mixture onto the leaf. Form into a 2×4 inch loaf. Roll cabbage like a burrito. Place in pan. Repeat 24 times. (12 per pan) Sprinkle the remaining cabbage on top..
- Pour the rest of the tomato mixture on top of the cabbage rolls. Pour on top 1 can of the fire-roasted diced tomatoes per pan..
- Covered with foil. Cook cabbage rolls at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Enjoy!.
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls are made with the traditional ingredients and bold flavours of the classic cabbage roll. With a fraction of the time and effort, this recipe is where comfort meets convenience! Savory stuffed cabbage rolls are the perfect comfort food from the old country. Cabbage rolls – ground beef and rice. When the meat was scarce during the war, or too expensive after the war.