Chicken Lo Mein.
You can have Chicken Lo Mein using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Lo Mein
- You need 1-2 lb of chicken (shredded if pre-cooked) cut into strips if raw.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 Package of uncooked Lo Mein Noodles.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger root (you can use dry as well but it wont be as powerful in flavor).
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 7 oz of fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced.
- It’s 6 of green onions, whites and greens chopped.
- You need 2 of small zucchinis chopped into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 1 cup of mirin.
Chicken Lo Mein instructions
- Combine rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, broth, sesame oil, black pepper, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl to create the sauce marinade. Wisk together well..
- Chop onions, zucchini and shiitake mushrooms and add to the sauce marinade..
- Add the sliced chicken to the sauce marinade. Note: Letting this marinate in the fridge will enhance the flavor in the ingredients and not just the sauce..
- Cook the Lo Mein noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside..
- Add chicken, vegetables, and sauce to wok or skillet on high heat and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Take a small bowl or glass and remove 1/4 cup of the heated sauce and add the cornstarch and mix thoroughly..
- Add the cornstarch mixture and the Lo Mein to the wok with the simmering chicken and vegetable and the remainder of the sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes. Serve..