Shrimp Cold Somen Salad. Subscribe & check out my other videos! www.youtube.com/cookingandcrafting Somen noodle — cook per instructions on package. Sōmen salad (素麺サラダ, Sōmen sarada) is a Japanese type of noodle-based salad that is served cold. It is a dish based on its main ingredient, the sōmen noodle.
See recipes for Shrimp Cold Somen Salad, Somen udon soup too. Got this salad recipe from my friend's wife a couple years ago. She's a very amazing Japanese cook. You can have Shrimp Cold Somen Salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Cold Somen Salad
- You need of For the salad:.
- Prepare 250 gr of shrimps, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 150 gr of broccoli florets, boil in boiling water for 1 minute, remove from the heat, drain.
- It’s 8 of lettuce leaves, cut to taste.
- It’s 2 bundles of somen noodles, boil in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, remove from the heat, drain in fine-mesh strainer, rinse under very cold water to stop cooking.
- Prepare 2 of julienned carrots.
- It’s 1 of seeded and julienned cucumber.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- You need 60 ml of rice vinegar.
- It’s 50 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 60 ml of Japanese soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of some toasted sesame.
Japanese somen salad is a simple salad of vegetables and protein served over a bed of very thin Turn off heat. Drain somen noodles and rinse with cold water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in Or substitute with shredded chicken, ham slices, or cooked shrimp. Boil the shrimp briefly, just until pink and opaque.
Shrimp Cold Somen Salad step by step
- In a small pot, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Boil the dressing over small-high heat until the sugar dissolved. Remove from the heat. Let it cool..
- Boil shrimps in the boiling water for 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Drain. Set aside..
- Layer lettuce, cooked somen noodles, carrots, cucumber, broccoli, and shrimps. Pour the dressing evenly on the salad. Sprinkle soma toasted sesame on top. Serve immediately..
- Enjoy! 😊.
- Note : I used buckwheat somen noodles. That’s why the color is a little bit dark. According to what I read, buckwheat somen noodles are healthier than flour somen noodles, but you are free to use any kind of somen noodles as you like 😊.
Transfer them to a bowl filled with cold water. This will stop the cooking process, and will also help chill them. Chilled somen noodle served with grated ginger, scallion and a delicious dipping sauce called Tsuyu. This is a perfect Japanese noodle recipe for hot What is Somen Noodles? Somen Salad makes for an easy and nutritious lunch.