Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen. Hiyashi chuka is Japanese cold ramen noodle mixed with homemade dressing and topped with egg, imitation crab, shrimp, ham, cucumber, and tomato. Although the store bought hiyashi chuka package comes with dressing, it has lots of MSG and preservatives. For a healthier option, you can.
Hiyashi Chūka or "chilled ramen" is a cold Japanese ramen salad that's the perfect light meal for a hot summer day. With loads of veggies and protein over a bed of chilled ramen noodles drizzled with a tangy sesame dressing, it's sure to wake your appetite on even the hottest of days. Hiyashi chūka (cold ramen) is made with cold Chinese-style egg noodles, with sweet vinegar sauce and topped with vegetables, egg and ham. You can cook Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen
- You need 140 grams of Fortune Hong Kong Style Noodle.
- It’s 1 pieces of Japanese cucumber.
- Prepare 4 sheets of Ham.
- Prepare 100 grams of Bean Sprout.
- It’s 1 piece of Egg.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Potato Starch + 1/2 tbsp water.
- You need 4 pieces of Prowns.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Crab Sticks.
- Prepare 4 pieces of Small Tomato (Cherry Tomato).
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Konbu Tsuyu (Konbu seaweed Soy Sauce).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Suger.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
That's when I thought of hiyashi chūka. It is the middle of winter here in Sydney but the day I got home was unusually warm. Hiyashi chūka (冷やし中華, literally "chilled Chinese") is a Chinese noodle style Japanese dish consisting of chilled ramen noodles with various toppings served in the summer. It is also called reimen (冷麺, literally "chilled noodle") in Kansai region and hiyashi rāmen.
Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen step by step
- Mixing all sauce ingredients and put into a refrigerator before eat..
- Break the egg into a bowl and stir the egg, add the watery potato starch. Heat a pan and add oil. Remove excess oil with paper towel. Add 1/2 of the egg mixture to the pan and move the egg so that it's spread every across pan. When the egg solidifies, turn over, and cook it. Cut into thin strip..
- Cut the cucumbers and Ham into thin strip. Tear the crab stick into narrow strip..
- Boil the bean sprout and squeeze well..
- De-vein the prawn and peel. And boil it..
- Boil the noodles 40 seconds. Drain the boiling water, rinse by hand in running water and place on a strainer to drain the water..
- Place the noodles in a dish, then top with egg, cucumber, ham, crab stick, bean sprout, prawns, small tomato, and finally pour in the noodle dipping sauce..
- Fortune Hong Kong Style Noodle SG$2.95/420gram at FairPrice.
- Pasar Japanese Cucumber SG$1.1/250gram at FairPrice.
- BoBo Honey Baked Chicken Ham SG$3.4/200grams at FairPrice.
- Sakura Bean Sprouts SG$1.3/320grams at FairPrice.
- Lining Sea Stix Crab Sticks SG$2.2/145gram at FairPrice.
- Yamasa Konbutsuyu – SG$7~9/L at Dondon Donki, Mid Town Mart etc.
- Mizoram Rice Vinegar SG$3.8/500ml at FairPrice, TedMart.
- Japanese White Suger SG$3.5/kg at DonDon Donki.
- Double Pagoda Sasame Oil Pure SG $4.0/250ml at FairPrice.
Vegan Hiyashi Chuka is a Japanese cold ramen noodle dish with an assortment of toppings doused in a delicious sesame sauce. A light and refreshing meal perfect for the summer months! Every year, noodles seem to be my choice of carbs during the summer months. One of my favorite chilled meals: hiyashi chuka, chilled ramen topped all sorts of goodies and tossed in a bright, simple dressing. Here's how to make it at There are a variety of toppings you can add to hiyashi chuka.