Pad Thai. Pad thai, or phad thai, is a stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food and at most restaurants in Thailand as part of the country's cuisine. Pad Thai is one of the world's most beloved noodle dishes. It starts with fresh ingredients including rice noodles, chicken, shrimp, tofu, cilantro, bean sprouts.
It's a comfort food of our age, with those chewy noodles, crunchy peanuts, the sweet and tangy sauce, and plenty of chives, bean sprouts, and chicken to make it a full. Pad Thai is stir-fried rice noodle dish ubiquitous with Thai cuisine in the United States, but it wasn't With World War II nearing, the Thai government created the dish to promote a sense of national unity. This is a traditional Pad Thai recipe used by a friend's mother. You can have Pad Thai using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- It’s of FOR THE SAUCE:.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of tamarind concentrate/paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sambal Oelek (chili sauce).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of fresh black pepper.
- You need of ————————————-.
- You need of FOR THE NOODLES.
- You need 8 oz of Thai rice noodles.
- It’s 2 large of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need of Vegetable oil, for stir-frying.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 cup of fresh bean sprouts.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced carrots, for garnish.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage, for garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves, for garnish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced scallions, for garnish.
- It’s 1/3 cup of roughly chopped peanuts, for garnish.
- You need of Lime wedges, for garnish.
You can use chicken, pork, beef, tofu, or a combination. You may want to start with less pepper, and work your way up. Pad Thai is Thai stir-fried noodles with rice stick noodles, shrimp, chicken, fried tofu, eggs and Pad Thai sauce. The noodles are topped with crushed peanuts and served with fresh chives, lime wedges.
Pad Thai instructions
- It's important to bring the sauce to a boil so that it will thicken enough as it cooks with the noodles. make sure you have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. This is a fast recipe that comes together in less than 10 minutes once the garlic hits the pan..
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the tamarind concentrate with 1/2 cup warm water. Whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients. Set aside..
- Make the noodles:.
- Fill a large pot with hot water. Add the rice noodles and cover the pot, allowing them to soak and soften for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they're barely al dente. (Alternately, cook the noodles according to the package instructions.) The noodles will be stir-fried so do not overcook them at this point..
- Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water to prevent them from sticking together..
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin, 1-inch slices. Place the chicken in a medium bowl. Whisk together the cornstarch with the soy sauce then pour it over the chicken, stirring to coat..
- Heat a wok or large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook, stirring continuously, for 30 seconds until the garlic is golden brown and fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan (including all liquids), and cook, stirring frequently until it is no longer pink. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chicken stock at a time to the pan while the chicken is cooking to prevent it from drying out. (You may not use the entire 1/4 cup of chicken stock.).
- Add the noodles to the pan then pour in the prepared sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil, and using two flat spatulas, lift and turn the noodles to combine all of the ingredients. (Don't stir the noodles too vigorously or they'll break.) Continue cooking the noodles for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly, then add the bean sprouts and cook for 1 more minute. The noodles are fully cooked when they are chewy and no longer crunchy..
- Transfer the noodles to serving dishes and garnish with the sliced carrots, shredded red cabbage, cilantro, scallions, peanuts and lime wedges.
While this Pad Thai has a longer ingredient list than some of my other recipes, every ingredient serves a purpose. Here are our key components If you love Thai food, especially authentic Pad Thai, you need this Pad Thai sauce recipe in your Did you know Pad Thai is one of the world's most popular foods? A global phenomenon, Pad Thai is. Pad Thai is believed to have originated in Thailand during World War II. It was born out of a combination of a rice shortage and Thailand's prime minister wanting to create a national dish.