Rice pudding Lebanese recipe. The secret to any rice pudding is the timing of the sugar. It must not be added until the rice is thoroughly cooked otherwise it will forever remain This is, without a doubt, the BEST and EASIEST rice pudding recipe I have ever made. I followed the suggestions of others and used medium grain.
Scatter over the pistachios and a few rose petals and serve. Learn how to make rice pudding ( Lebanese Dessert Recipe ) Fast at home the right way! If you have been looking for an easy but tasty dessert recipe that. You can cook Rice pudding Lebanese recipe using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice pudding Lebanese recipe
- It’s 1/2 glass of short round white rice.
- It’s 4 glasses of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoon of starch.
- Prepare 1/2 glass of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rose water or vanilla.
- It’s of Pistachio, nuts and honey for garnish.
A Lebanese version of the famous rice pudding dessert, with added orange blossom water. Try this rice pudding recipe that can be made in less Lebanese Rice Pudding – Riz bi Haleeb. Orange blossom water is a flavoring syrup made by distilling flowers from orange trees and is generally added. This pudding is made with finely milled rice flour, seasoned with cinnamon and caraway and garnished with walnuts, pine nuts and slivered almonds.
Rice pudding Lebanese recipe step by step
- In a medium pot Bring the milk, rice and starch to a boil over high heat, while mixing the whole time other wise milk will stick in the pot or burn on bottom. Reduce the heat, add sugar and rose water and keep mixing until rice is well cooked (do not cover the pot)..
- You know it’s ready when milk is thick and rice is well cooked. Place in small bowls and let it cool down then put in fridge for at least one hour. You can garnish before serving with pistachios, raisins, walnuts and honey..
Known as meghli, it is traditionally served at birthdays and holidays, including Christmas. Rita Nakouzi is eager to make it for her own children one day. Learn how to prepare this Lebanese Rice Pudding recipe like a pro. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the pudding has a thick texture similar to porridge. I've got the recipe from my friend Hamid's mother – just wonderful!