Crispy Beef with Snow Peas.
You can cook Crispy Beef with Snow Peas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Beef with Snow Peas
- You need 2 of boneless ribeye steaks, fat removed, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 c. of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/3 c. of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 T. of honey.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of sriracha (1/4 tsp. if you want less heat).
- Prepare 1 T. of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 T. of mirin.
- Prepare 1/3 c. of beef broth.
- You need 2 tsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s 8 oz. of snow peas.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 T. of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare of (Canola oil for frying steak strips).
Crispy Beef with Snow Peas instructions
- Toss the thinly sliced steak pieces in 1/2 c. cornstarch until well coated. Shake off excess and set aside..
- Whisk together sauce ingredients, including 2 tsp. cornstarch, and set aside..
- In large, deep skillet heat about 1/2 inch of canola oil on medium-high heat until very hot. Fry steak in 3 batches so as not to crowd in skillet, stirring and tossing (I use a kitchen spider), until crispy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack on a baking sheet, and keep warm in oven..
- Remove canola oil from skillet and wipe clean with paper towel..
- Add sesame oil to skillet, over medium-high heat, and let it get hot. Add snow peas and garlic, tossing to coat with the oil. Cook for 30-60 seconds, add sauce mixture, crispy steak, and green onions and stir to coat. The sauce will thicken quickly. Serve immediately so the snow peas stay crisp and don't overcook..
- NOTE: Some may be tempted to leave out the sriracha, but don't! It's an important part of the flavor profile. If you don't like spicy heat, just add 1/4 tsp, or even a little less..