Egyptian Rice Pudding. Start by washing the rice and soaking it for about an hour. Luxuriously creamy inside.try this recipe & share it with me. Pour pudding into individual serving glasses and let cool completely.
Grandma's recipe for an incredible rice pudding! Luxuriously creamy on the inside with a pleasantly It seems that every culture has their own version of rice pudding and this…is my Egyptian Moroccan. For this Egyptian rice pudding with coconut, the rice is pre-boiled in water and then simmered in milk. You can have Egyptian Rice Pudding using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egyptian Rice Pudding
- You need 3/4 cup of Rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare of Raisins (Optional).
- Prepare of For Decoration:.
- You need of Crushed nuts (Optional).
- It’s of Grated coconut (Optional).
You can use vanilla extract instead of vanilla bean paste, in a pinch. This rice pudding could either be eaten hot or cold so feel free to warm it up in the microwave. Rice pudding is usually served as the dessert when guests are over. Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla and raisins.
Egyptian Rice Pudding step by step
- Start by washing the rice and soaking it for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, take 4 1/2 cups of milk, and mix it with however much amount of sugar you choose to use…. I used about 1/2 a cup of sugar!.
- Leave on medium heat until just warm, not boiled.
- With the left over 1/2 cup of milk, add in the corn flour and mix.
- Now wash the rice and add in the 1 1/2 cups of water and leave on high heat until it boils, then lower the heat completely and leave until all the water is gone.
- Add the rice to the milk prepared earlier and leave on medium heat for about 50 mins, mixing every 10 mins so it prevents it from burning..
- Add in the milk and the corn flour mixture and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Add in the vanilla and raisins if used and mix.
- Start serving the pudding into plates and decorate with crushed nuts and coconut..
- This can be served hot or be refrigerated and be served cold..
Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. When used as a dessert, it is commonly combined with a sweetener such as sugar. Last minute decision to record the ending of me making Egyptian Rice pudding! Rose Water has been used in many Egyptian food recipes for African Recipes by African Gourmet Roz bel laban Egyptian rice pudding is made with rice. Rice pudding is a common desert in many countries, and of course each country has its own twist.