Meetha chawal(Himachal Pradesh sweet rice). Meethe chawal or sweet rice is an indian dish. As the name suggests, it's a dessert which can be prepared within no time to add sweetness in your's and other's lives. Today we have a sweet rice / Meetha chawal from Himachal Pradesh.
Basmati rice and sugar syrup are the basic ingredients for Meethe Chawal but it is the carefully chosen assortment of Indian spices like green cardamom With this recipe's tastefully balanced ingredients, step-wise photos and tips and serving ideas, making this traditional Punjabi sweet yellow rice is. A traditional delight that warms your soul and delights your taste buds, Meetha Chawal features rice cooked with whole spices and sweetened with sugar. Saffron gives a beautiful hue and rich flavour to this sweet rice, while a garnish of nuts packs in a luxuriant crunch. You can cook Meetha chawal(Himachal Pradesh sweet rice) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meetha chawal(Himachal Pradesh sweet rice)
- You need 1 cup of rice (any rice of your choice, basmati rice will give good flavour).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of boiled milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of Kesar(Saffaron).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar(adjust to your taste).
- Prepare Few of Dry fruits Cashews, Almonds, Raisins.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Ghee.
- Prepare as required of Water to boil the rice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 of small piece Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of Cloves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Fennel powder.
Sweet Rice recipe with detailed step by step images. Sweet Rice, a popular meetha chawal in which the rice and sugar are cooked This is a simple recipe for Sweet Rice or meethe chawal that does not require making a sugar syrup. If you want to learn how to. Meethe Chawal Recipe, Learn how to make Meethe Chawal (absolutely delicious recipe of Meethe Chawal ingredients and cooking method) A traditional sweet dish made with boiled rice, sugar, dry fruits and yellow food colouring.
Meetha chawal(Himachal Pradesh sweet rice) instructions
- Soak the rice in water for 20 minutes and drain the water. Now take a pan add water,add the dry spices cinnamon,clove and rice cook till 80 % done..
- Heat a pan add ghee then dry fruits cashew, almonds, raisins and saute for minute,Keep aside..
- Take a bowl add milk with a pinch of Kesar, let it sit for few minutes to change the yellow colour..
- Take the same pan add the sugar, Cardamom and fennel powder. Then add the boiled rice and let it cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the Kesar milk in the pan and give a mix and let the yellow colour absorbs in the rice. Now add the ghee roasted dry fruits in rice, let cook for few for minutes to get all flavours..
- Tips:We can add cooked rice directly, just add the dry spices in the ghee while adding sugar. Same rice can be layered in mud pot like biryani with rice and dry fruits topped with Saffron milk. Instead Fennel powders we can add fennel seeds that gives the great flavour to the rice. Try this recipe and share your reviews..
Meetha Chawal is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Main. Find the complete instructions on Bawarchi. Blanch almonds and pistas, cut into thin slivers. Meethe Chawal (Sweet Rice) – Rice, Biryani, Pulao Meethe Chawal – A very simple recipe of rice dessert. Great choice for drop in guests.