Rice Pudding with Date Palm Jaggery/Nolen Gurer Payesh. Nolen Gurer Payesh is basically a rice pudding where fragrant rice is cooked in milk and sugar until thick and creamy. Nolen gur'er payesh is a delicious rice kheer or rice pudding made with date palm jaggery (patali gur/nolen gur), rice and milk. Nolen gur er payesh is a classic Bengali sweet made with gobindobhog rice, milk and date palm Jaggery.
Take off from the heat and add the date jaggery, mix it well with the milk. Now on a very low heat keep on stirring till Some also make nolen gur er payesh or rice pudding with date palm […] Nolen gur'er payesh (rice pudding with date palm jaggery) is made by boiling rice and milk together to produce a creamy reduction. The key ingredients required for making a good payesh are fragrant gobindobhog rice (notun aatop chaal—new, freshly harvested, non-parboiled rice), full fat milk, and. You can have Rice Pudding with Date Palm Jaggery/Nolen Gurer Payesh using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding with Date Palm Jaggery/Nolen Gurer Payesh
- You need 1 litre of full fat milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of Govindo Bhog rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed date jaggery.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cashew nuts.
- You need 1 tablespoon of raisins.
There is a very popular proverb in our native language "Baro mase tero parbon" meaning we observe thirteen festivals in twelve months. The Bengali community is noted for their fondness for observing festivals. And if festival comes, can food be far behind. Every festival comes with its own signature food.
Rice Pudding with Date Palm Jaggery/Nolen Gurer Payesh instructions
- Rinse the rice and soak it in water for half an hour. Then drain excess water and keep it aside..
- Heat the milk in a thick deep bottomed pan. Once milk starts to boil add rice and keep the heat on medium to low Stir continuously..
- When the rice becomes soft (completely cooked), add salt, crushed jaggery, cashews, and raisins. Stir continuously and cook for another 10 minutes..
- Turn off the flame and let the payesh cool down completely..
- Keep it in the refrigerator and serve chilled..
Nolen Gurer Payesh is basically a rice pudding where fragrant rice is cooked in milk and sugar until thick and creamy. But this recipe is very special This date palm jaggery is very flavorful and aids in making varieties of Bengali sweets in winter months. But unfortunately it is only available during winter. Exotic and fragrant, flavoured with jaggery, we are loving this Indian rice pudding by @spiceinthecityblog. The Indian harvest festival #makarsankranti is only a day away & I am celebrating with this gorgeous Nolen Gurer Payesh: Rice pudding flavored with the exotic & elusive.