Almond Milk Rice Pudding With Raisins. With golden raisins and a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon, this creamy, classic rice pudding makes a quick and easy dessert that everyone will love. I made this with short brown whole grain rice and it left the pudding very chewy. Also, when I added the egg, it cooked very quickly and left chunks of.
Can be served warm or cold, enjoy! In a medium saucepan, bring Pure Almond, rice and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Vegan recipe of rice pudding cooked in almond milk is a traditional medieval recipe. You can have Almond Milk Rice Pudding With Raisins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Milk Rice Pudding With Raisins
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of plain or vanilla almond milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of uncooked white long grain rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisins.
It's a nutritious lactose and gluten free dessert. This thick and creamy old fashioned rice pudding is the same recipe that your Grandma used to make with warm cinnamon and plump raisins. However, flavored options such as vanilla almond milk or coconut milks will slightly alter the original taste. How long can rice pudding be stored?
Almond Milk Rice Pudding With Raisins instructions
- In a medium pot, bring milk, almond milk, rice, and salt to boil; reduce heat to medium, and boil for 7 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Add butter to milk, stir..
- In a small bowl, beat eggs well..
- In the same bowl that you beat the eggs in, add 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture with the eggs. Whisk; return to the pot, whisking as you do so..
- Stir in sugar and vanilla. Cook over low-medium heat for 5 minutes, then add raisins..
- Remove from heat and cool. Pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of each serving as a garnish..
This makes a great breakfast if you have leftover rice. Serve hot or cold with soy milk or cream. Adapted from How It All Vegan cookbook. In a medium saucepan, add the milk of choice, cooked rice, cinnamon, vanilla, raisins, almonds, and sweetener and bring to a boil. Sushi rice makes this dairy-free rice pudding—made with unsweetened almond milk—pleasantly chewy and creamy.