Rice kheer or pudding. Kheer is Indian rice pudding made with only three basic ingredients- rice, milk and sugar. And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Kheer is not as thick as a Western-style rice pudding, and should be still be a bit fluid when cool.
Kheer or Payasam is an Indian favorite dessert for special occasions. It is basically rice pudding made with rice and milk infused with saffron, cardamom and assorted dried fruits. Kheer is a creamy rice pudding that requires three essential ingredients: rice, milk, and sugar. You can cook Rice kheer or pudding using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice kheer or pudding
- You need 1 cup of rice rice.
- You need Half of liter milk.
- You need 2 of cardamom powder.
- You need as needed of Chopped cashews.
- You need As needed of Chopped and peeled almonds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ghee.
- It’s 10 spoon of sugar.
- Prepare 10 of raisins.
We almost always have those three ingredients at my house, making this an easy dessert to throw together at the last minute. If you're dairy-free or vegan, full-fat canned coconut milk works as a great. A creamy, delicious kheer/pudding made out of ground rice. You can set it in individual bowls too!!
Rice kheer or pudding instructions
- First soak the rice and in mixture grind the rice….
- Heat milk in pan when it boils add rice and cook when rice is half cooked….add sugar and cook…..add cardamom powder.
- In a pan roast almonds and raisins and cashews.
- Garnish the pudding with roasted nuts….serve with puri.
Also if the kheer/pudding does appear lumpy after the rice is cooked, run the hand mixer/whisk through the kheer/pudding before the raisins and almonds are. Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. Make the best creamy Indian rice kheer pudding using Instant Pot, rice cooker, on the stove.