Simple rice pudding. The secret to any rice pudding is the timing of the sugar. Well that settled it, rice pudding it would be. Rice pudding is simply rice cooked in sweetened milk.
Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort There are countless ways to make rice pudding, from a simple, egg-less kind, to the custard-like. Here is a different rice pudding recipe using instant vanilla pudding. Cook rice in water and salt as directed on package. You can cook Simple rice pudding using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple rice pudding
- You need 1 cup of short-grain / pudding rice.
- You need 1 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need 6 cups of milk (or make the last cup half cream!).
- Prepare 1 of whole nutmeg.
Mix pudding and cold milk as directed on box. Add rice and adjust heat to maintain a low simmer. Simple Rice Pudding is a wonderful easy family recipe, passed on through the generations. You can serve this hot from the oven or chilled, add.
Simple rice pudding instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees..
- Grind the nutmeg – or grate it – or just use about 2 tsp pre-ground. Then add all the ingredients to a casserole dish, and stir them together..
- Bake for about 2 hours, stirring it at least once (minimise stirring if you want a skin to form)..
- Delicious as it is, but if you like you can serve with a sprinkling of extra nutmeg, or a dollop of strawberry jam..
Be the first to rate & review! Easy Rice Pudding. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Simple rice pudding is basically made with rice, sugar and milk, flavored with orange zest. It is one of the best light desserts ever! Do you like rice pudding ?