Potato Salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is the first food I can remember eating.
Potato salad can be served right away, or refrigerated until ready to serve. A classic potato salad updated with a herby soured cream dressing, perfect for serving with fish Our classic potato salad recipe is the perfect barbecue side dish, great for picnic spreads or paired with. Most potato salad recipes combine cooked potatoes, chopped onion, and other vegetables, sometimes eggs, and some type of salad dressing or mayonnaise. You can cook Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- It’s 3 lb of petite red potatoes.
- You need 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of mayo.
- You need 2 Tbs of mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped (optional).
- It’s 8 of hard-boiled eggs, chopped.
Here's every idea you need to make the Below, find our classic potato salad recipe. This is packed with hard boiled eggs (which we. Potato salad is a classic American comfort food great for any occasion. Try your hand at one of these recipes for your next party, picnic or potluck!
Potato Salad step by step
- In a medium stockpot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to medium-high and cook for 30 minutes. Must be fork tender, if not sure cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool. (Cool for 45 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, hard boil eggs in a sauce pan. Cover eggs with water. Bring to boil and cook for 12 minutes. Drain water and then put eggs under cool water until they are cool enough to peel..
- While eggs and potatoes are cooking, chop onion, celery, and parsley. Add into a large mixing bowl wit mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Chop eggs and potatoes once cool and mix into the salad..
Find the best potato salad recipes listed first so you find the recipe you want fast. These fresh and tasty potato salad recipes are ideal for serving along any protein that's gracing your grill this summer. Potato salad gets a makeover for the season with the addition of roasted asparagus and radishes. The tangy dressing can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the refrigerator. A potato salad recipe is perfect side dish to serve at a picnic or barbecue – choose from a mayonnaise-loaded version or a Jersey Royals in a simple dressing.