Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1). Wow.those seem like a lot of changes but I don't think it affected the overall essence of the dish. BTW: This is an embellished version of Greek Pasta Salad III.stick with this one. All the flavors of classic Greek salad in a picnic-ready pasta salad!
This Greek Pasta Salad is light and fresh, loaded with garden tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers. Perfect for summer parties or potlucks! I love pasta salad, but taking my Greek Salad recipe and adding it to pasta is my favorite when I want a light pasta salad with no mayo. You can cook Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1)
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon (Juice).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2-2/3 Cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced).
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley (Chopped).
- You need 3-4 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s of Salt (To Taste).
- It’s of Pepper (To Taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar (Optional).
- It’s of Salad.
- You need 1 lb of Rotini Pasta.
- It’s 8 oz of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 2 (6 oz.) of Cans Large Black Olives (Halved or Sliced).
- It’s 1 Cup of Carrots (Julienned).
- It’s 1-2 Cup of Roma Tomatoes (Diced).
- It’s 1 Cup of Broccoli Florets (Cut in small pieces)(Blanched 2 Mins).
- It’s 1 Cup of Cauliflower Florets (Cut in small pieces)(Blanched 2 Mins).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan (Optional).
Greek Pasta Salad is a must have side dish recipe! It's so bright and refreshing, it's jam packed with veggies and bits of tangy feta, and it's perfectly Greek Pasta Salad and a Fun Competition. Who doesn't love an intense cooking competition? This Greek Pasta Salad from Delish.com is the best!
Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1) instructions
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions. Shock or Rinse in Cold Water to stop cooking. Set aside..
- Mix all Dressing Ingredients in a medium bowl, except the Olive Oil. Pour Olive Oil in while stirring constantly, until consistency is right. Set aside..
- Prepare and Cut all Vegetables. When cutting the Tomatoes, remember to scoop out the seeds and juice, before dicing. Bring a Large Pot of Salted Water to a boil. Add Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets. Cook for Two Minutes. Strain and Shock in Cold Water. Drain and Set Aside..
- Pour Dressing in a Large Mixing Bowl. Add all Ingredients except Pasta. Stir. Add Pasta. Fold all Ingredients together. Taste for seasoning. If using Freshly Grated Parmesan, add it now. Mix everything again..
- Cover and Refrigerate for at least 1 Hour. Best if chilled for Several Hours. Enjoy!.
Nothing can ruin a pasta salad quicker than pasta that creates a mushy mess or is far too hard. Cook the pasta according to the box's instructions and test a piece or two as the time approaches to make sure that your pasta is prepared to the. This greek pasta salad is a light and fresh combination of colorful veggies, olives, and feta cheese. It's the perfect side dish for any summer gathering! To make Greek pasta salad, you'll need to chop your veggies first.