Spiced Beef Curry.
You can cook Spiced Beef Curry using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiced Beef Curry
- You need 1 kg of beef (cut into strips).
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic,minced.
- You need 1 piece of thumb sized ginger,chopped.
- Prepare 4 piece of cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of pure coconut milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2 medium of tomatoes (finely chopped).
- Prepare 3 piece of bay leaf.
- You need 1/3 cup of tomato paste or sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of salt,to taste.
Spiced Beef Curry instructions
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and saute onions,ginger and garlic until soft..
- Add beef strips or cubes and cook until the color turns light brown..
- Add chopped tomatoes, and saute until soft..
- Put-in chili powder/cayenne powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and stir..
- Pour-in coconut milk and let boil..
- Add beef broth,tomato paste,lemon juice,season with salt,stir.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the oil comes out or until the sauce thickens and the beef becomes tender.(add water if needed).
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate..
- Serve hot with steamed rice..