Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils.
You can have Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils
- Prepare 8 oz of beef, cut into 1 inch long strips.
- It’s 2 tsp of French Picnic sea salt, divided.
- It’s 1 of Cooking oil, as needed.
- It’s 4 oz of oyster mushrooms, bite size pieces.
- You need 3/4 cup of onion, diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 4 oz of reduced beef stock.
- You need 5 each of thyme sprigs.
- Prepare 1 each of bay leaf, fresh.
- Prepare 1 cup of green lentils.
- You need 2 cup of water.
Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils step by step
- After cutting the beef into 1 inch long strips, season to taste with the French Picnic sea salt (about 1/2 teaspoon)..
- Heat a 2-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add enough cooking oil to lightly coat the pan. Add beef, and brown without stirring for 2-3 minutes. Flip beef over, add mushrooms, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add carrots and cook for 3-4 more minutes, while stirring..
- Add tomato sauce, beef stock, herbs, lentils and water. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover, stir well, and add 1 teaspoon of French Picnic sea salt. Cover again, and cook for 15-20 minutes more, or until lentils and beef are both tender..
- Remove herbs, and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Ladle into two bowls. Serve and enjoy!.