Salmon Oscar. Salmon Oscar is grilled salmon topped with lump crab meat, sitting on a bed of asparagus and drizzled with Béarnaise sauce! Our version of Salmon Oscar combines the decadence of jumbo lump crab and asparagus with a buttery, breaded salmon fillet. Place the salmon on top of the orzo.
Massage the salmon fillets with olive oil, and season with a liberal amount of salt and pepper. Nobody does the Oscars' Governor's Ball menu like Wolfgang Puck, which is most likely why he's been catering the star-studded shindig for two decades. Sear salmon fillets (presentation side down first) in sauté pan with clarified butter until golden brown; turn. You can have Salmon Oscar using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon Oscar
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets (6 oz. each).
- You need 3 tbs. of olive oil, divided.
- You need Dash of salt and pepper.
- Prepare Dash of dried tarragon.
- You need Dash of dried dill weed.
- Prepare 1 cup of jasmine rice (uncooked).
- Prepare 8 of asparagus spears, ends trimmed.
- Prepare 1 of packet, béarnaise sauce (Knorr brand).
- Prepare 8 oz. of lump crab meat.
- It’s Dash of Old Bay seasoning.
- You need 4 tbs. of butter (unsalted), divided.
- It’s 1 tbs. of minced garlic.
Find this Pin and more on Date Nights by Hannah Smith. View top rated Salmon oscar recipes with ratings and reviews. BAKED HERBED SALMON WITH LENTILS AND RED WINE SAUCE, Salmon Salad, Salmon Chowder, etc. Последние твиты от Oscar Salmon (@dDippieSHIT). je kan ook niet ontkennen dat ik lekker ben. in je moeder. How To Cook Salmon -Maple-Lime Baked Salmon.
Salmon Oscar step by step
- Lightly rinse the salmon under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Brush the salmon with olive oil and top with a dash of the suggested seasonings. Set aside..
- Prepare the side dishes of jasmine rice (or couscous), asparagus, and the béarnaise sauce. For timing purposes, the rice takes the longest..
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Season the butter with Old Bay seasoning, add the garlic, and sauté the crab meat for two minutes..
- Place the crab meat in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and set aside..
- In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When hot, place the salmon fillets (skin side up) in the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Do not disturb..
- Flip the fillets over with a spatula and continue cooking for another 3 minutes..
- Preheat oven broiler..
- If using an oven-proof pan, remove the pan from stove burner and top the fillets with crab meat. [Alternative to using a pan is to use a raised edge baking sheet, lightly greased].
- Set the pan under the broiler (about 4”) for about 90 seconds to lightly brown the crab meat. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside..
- You can either plate the dish individually or serve on a large platter for a group dinner..
- Place the fillets on a bed of rice, along with the asparagus spears, and spoon the béarnaise sauce generously over the top..
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy..
Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck has the unenviable task of feeding an army of stars, guests and workers on Oscars night. Salmon Oscar is grilled salmon topped with lump crab meat, sitting on a bed of asparagus and drizzled with Béarnaise sauce! Salmon fishing hotspots like Alaska and British Columbia are pilgrimage sites for sportfishing enthusiasts. Commercial fishing for many types of Salmon is big business. Salmon tenderloins, crab meat, asparagus, Bernaise sauce, fingerling potatoes.