Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon. Begin by combining the mustard, butter, honey, salt, and pepper to make the glaze. Next, make the topping by mixing together the panko, pecans Spoon the glaze over the salmon fillets. Then press the pecan-panko mixture over top.
In a shallow dish toss together Panko bread crumbs, parsley and lemon zest. Salmon steaks or fillets coated in honey mustard, breaded with Japanese panko crumbs, and baked to perfection. Some honey mustard spread over the top of the fillets provides the "glue" that holds the seasoned panko on to the fillets. You can cook Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon
- You need 2 (6 oz) of salmon fillets.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon in the Air Fryer! How To Make Mustard-Crusted Panko Salmon. The beauty of this recipe is two-fold. Generously brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside..
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey and garlic..
- In a shallow dish toss together Panko bread crumbs, parsley and lemon zest..
- Drizzle olive oil over bread crumb mixture then toss to evenly coat..
- Working with one piece of salmon at a time, brush top with honey mustard mixture..
- Season with salt and pepper (don't overdue it, you'll be seasoning both sides)..
- Rotate and transfer to bread crumb mixture (the honey mustard should be facing down to get the bread crumb mixture to stick to salmon)..
- Brush top of salmon with honey mustard mixture..
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and rotate to coat with crumb mixture..
- Transfer to baking dish and repeat with remaining salmon fillets..
- Bake in preheated oven 13-15 minutes until salmon has cooked through..
- Serve warm with rice, sautéed spinach and lemon wedges..
Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each salmon fillet. This Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard and Pecan Panko Crust is crunchy and absolutely delicious! The buttery pecan panko crust pairs incredibly well with flaky and tender salmon. Honey-mustard glaze works like a glue. Press the panko-nut topping over glaze lightly so it sticks to the glaze.