Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup.
You can have Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup
- You need of (3) Cups Pinto Beans.
- It’s of (8) Cups Water.
- You need of (6) Strips Bacon (Fried, chopped and grease reserved for soup).
- It’s of (2) Cups Beef Broth.
- You need of (1/2) Onion Chopped.
- Prepare of (1) Jalapeno deseeded and diced.
- Prepare of (2) Cloves Garlic Minced.
- You need of (3) Tbsp Chopped Green Chili's.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Salt.
- You need of (1/2) Tsp Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of (1/2) Tsp Pepper.
- Prepare of (1/2) Tsp Chili Powder.
- You need of (1/4) Tsp Cayenne Pepper.
Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup instructions
- Soak Beans overnight in a large pot no heat..
- The next day, bring beans to boil on low, covered. Cook how ever long it takes to soften them. Usually 2 to 3 hours. Checking water every so often to make sure it has enough to cover beans by about 2 inches..
- When beans are tender, I pour the beans and liquid into a bowl,set aside and clean the pot. (I just dont like the goopy residue on pot).
- Pour beans and liquid back into pot, turn heat to low..
- Add ALL remaining ingredients to pot. Including bacon and reserved bacon grease. Liquid should be 2 or so inches above beans..
- Cover, simmer on low for 1 hour. Stiring every 15 minutes..
- When done top with whatever you wish and Enjoy!.