Roasted red pepper and walnut pesto salmon. If you decide to use jarred roasted red peppers, you will have to taste and watch that you do not add too much vinegar and salt. Place salmon on individual plates and drizzle with pesto; serve additional pesto on the side. The flavors in the red pepper pesto went perfectly with the salmon (which I grilled on my Panini grill).
Learn how to make a heart healthy grilled salmon dish with pesto, roasted red peppers and crispy pancetta! This earthy blend is a new take on the versatile Italian sauce. Cook the pasta following pack instructions. You can cook Roasted red pepper and walnut pesto salmon using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted red pepper and walnut pesto salmon
- It’s 2 cups of roasted red peppers.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of candied walnuts.
- You need of Zest of one lemon.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 8 of salmon fillets.
- You need 8 of peeled and deveined shrimp wrapped in bacon.
Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry pan for a few mins. Add half the walnuts to the small bowl of a food processor or a hand chopper, along. Arugula gives this pesto a deliciously peppery finish, which complements the richness of the salmon. Put the fillets on the grill pan, skinned side up, and cook until well marked.
Roasted red pepper and walnut pesto salmon step by step
- Pulse the first five ingredients in food processor to make a paste..
- Rub salmon with olive oil and spread each with a portion of the pepper purée..
- Place each piece of salmon on a lined baking sheet and top each one with a bacon wrapped shrimp..
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 9 minutes..
I absolutely adore roasted red pepper pesto but have never made it myself. Making pesto often seems like a chore, so I all too The roasted red peppers form a wonderfully creamy paste which binds it all so beautifully. Even better than a herb-only pesto. This Roasted Red Pepper Pesto is a great alternative for classic green pesto! It was nice but I figured that original pesto has nuts in it so I threw in some walnuts.