Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry). Learn how to make Nargisi Kofta curry Restaurant-style scotch egg recipe, Koftay ka salan Cooking with Asifa. Learn how to make Nargisi Kofta Indian version of Scotch Eggs by Chef Varun Inamdar Nargisi kofta is boiled eggs stuffed inside a shell of ground lamb mixed.
To begin making the Nargisi Kofta Curry recipe, hard boil the eggs in a saucepan with some water. Nargisi Kofta is an impressive but simple Indian dish. Hard-boiled eggs are covered in a flavorful lamb mixture and deep fried. You can have Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry) using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry)
- Prepare of 🌻For the Koftas: 8 large eggs.
- It’s 1 pound of ground lamb mince / beef mince.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion (chopped very fine).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of garlic chopped very fine.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 6-8 cups of vegetable.
- Prepare of cooking oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of 🌻 For the Gravy : 3 Tbsp vegetable cooking oil 2.
- It’s of medium onions (chopped fine).
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic & ginger paste.
- It’s 3 of medium tomatoes (ground to a smooth paste in a food processor; do not add water while grinding).
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 8 Tbsp of fresh yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Garnish: fresh coriander leaves (chopped).
This dish may sound complicated, but it is actually fairly simple to make. Koftas are basically meatballs—served as is or on skewers—but this recipe takes it to the next level. Mughal curry or Whitby fish dish? The origins of Scotch eggs is the subject of heated debate for Brits and Indians alike. 'What is pub food in the UK is an actual delicacy in India'. a curry of Mughal origin, brought home by the British Raj, or an egg wrapped in fish paste from Whitby? .look of Mughlai nargisi kofta and were inspired to create the Scotch egg, a traditional British dish of hard-boiled egg from northern India's nargisi kofta, an egg covered in minced meat and served with curry, which returning soldiers NARGISI KOFTA.
Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry) instructions
- 🌻Make the Koftas Cook 6 eggs until hardboiled, about 10 minutes. Immerse immediately in cold water and then peel. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, put the ground lamb, onion, garlic, turmeric, red chili, garam masala, 1 egg, and salt to taste. Mix well to form a smooth paste. Divide into 6 equal portions..
- Take one hardboiled egg and a portion of the lamb mix and wrap the lamb mix around the egg, smoothing with your hands to form an even "casing" around the egg until it is fully covered. Repeat with all the remaining hardboiled eggs, placing all on a plate..
- Sprinkle all of the coated eggs with a fine dusting of rice flour. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep pan. Whisk the last remaining egg in a bowl and dip each egg, gently shaking off excess. Place in hot oil and deep-fry until golden brown. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Fry onion for 2 to 3 minutes and add the tomato paste and all the spices including the garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well. Fry until the oil begins to separate from the masala..
- Add the yogurt and 1/2 cup water to the masala. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the prepared koftas to the gravy and fold in very, very gently to coat on all sides. Cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat. Slice the eggs in half horizontally. Garnish the dish with chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or chapatis..
Nargisi Kofta is a yummy meat kofta recipe similar to mutton kofta but it takes in egg as a stuffing. Other mutton recipes or egg recipes on the blog are mutton kofta, haleem recipe, hyderabadi mutton biryani, mutton gravy , mutton biryani, mutton curry, mutton kulambu, rogan josh, mutton korma. The Nargisi kofta was originally a curry that was recreated by the Brits as Scotch eggs. These are a few exceptions though. Joel Robuchon's pommes puree have become the benchmark for upmarket mashed potatoes.