Easy warm Scotch Eggs. We've fallen hard for Scotch eggs—the gastropub staple—cooked eggs swaddled in sausage meat, then breaded and fried. Scotch Egg Recipe – Deep Fried Easy Egg Recipe. A delicious and easy Christmas Eve recipe for your family.
Deep Fried Scotch Eggs are super easy to make and are basically boiled Eggs wrapped in a blanket of Sausage meat, breaded and deep fried till Scotch Eggs are a delicious blend of boiled egg and sausage with a little kick of spice. Great for breakfast, appetizer, or a quick snack during your busy day. Originally scotch eggs came to be as a traveler's snack, although that origin story is steeped in some mystery. You can have Easy warm Scotch Eggs using 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy warm Scotch Eggs
- Prepare 7 of eggs.
- It’s 600 g of pork sausage meat (Empty your fav sausages if you like).
- Prepare 1/4 pint of milk.
- Prepare 60 g of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 600 ml of Sunflower oil.
Add a meaty, crunchy coating, and you've got the scotch egg. Originally known as a simple picnic snack or workingman's breakfast, the humble scotch egg has climbed in popularity thanks to its near-permanent status as an appetizer on. Baked Scotch eggs combine two of my favorite keto protein foods – meatballs and hard-boiled eggs. They are easy to make, portable and delicious!
Easy warm Scotch Eggs step by step
- Add 6 of the eggs to a pan of cold water and bring to the boil on a high heat. Once boiling leave them in for 5 and a half minutes..
- Divide the sausage meat evenly into six.
- On a floured board shape each piece into a circle leaving a coating of flour on each..
- After 5.5 minutes quickly run the eggs under cold water this will keep the whites white..
- Peel the eggs.
- Place the eggs on the sausage meat.
- Mould the sausage meat around the egg. Flour your hands and the board to stop them from sticking while doing this. Try to close any holes and get rid of any air. Air is the enemy!.
- Combine the single egg with the milk to make an egg wash.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a bowl..
- Roll each sausage ball in the egg followed by the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat..
- When the oil is slightly starting to bubble lower the heat and add a couple of eggs gently. You can cook two at a time.
- As the eggs cook, delicately rotate them so they are cooked though, they are ready when golden brown and looking crispy roughly 10 minutes.
- Top tip: If the oil is too hot the sausage meat will crack and fall off so lower it! You may need to sacrifice a test egg to make sure that your sausage meat is well cooked. It is better to let them cook slowly and stay in one piece!!.
- When the eggs are cooked transfer them to a plate lined with kitchen roll..
- Best enjoyed with friends and family :-D.
These baked Scotch eggs make a fun, tasty meal or snack. I'm really glad you enjoyed them. They're easy once you know the trick, which is to keep Defrost in the fridge and then just warm them up is best. I make these for a handy lunch to take to work. Try this EASY scotch eggs recipe!