Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片. If you're a fan of hot and sour soup, please give this Szechuan Fish Soup a try too. I am highly confident that you will love it. This is a really easy dish. – While waiting, let's prepare the pickled mustard green (Suan Cai /酸菜), it is a type of pickled cabbage, really crunchy and delicious.
Now carefully pour your fish broth in a serving bowl (just the slices, without the skin and skeleton if you prefer), and pour the sizzling pepper and chili. Taiwanese Pickled Mustard Greens is a traditional pickled cabbage. In North China, suān cài is traditionally made with Napa Cabbage, whereas in South China, Chinese Mustard is used, and it in Taiwanese cuisine, the suān cài is made with mustard green. You can have Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片 using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片
- It’s 6 oz of snapper fillet, salt marinated for at least 30mins.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pickled mustard.
- You need 2 of dry chilies.
- You need 20 of Szechuan pepper corns.
- Prepare 1/2 package of silk tofu.
- You need 2 slices of ginger.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 Tsp of starch for coating fish.
- It’s 6 of Basil leaves or 1 green onion for garnish.
The broth is made with (I think) chicken stock, and has a nicely sour flavour. I noted a good ginger flavour in it, but no spice to speak of (it's very different from e.g. the version at Red & Hot). They buy in their 酸菜, and recommended I go to Chinatown to buy it if I wanted to make the dish myself (I found. Boiled Fish with Sichuan Pickles酸菜鱼片饭. over rice.
Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片 step by step
- Marinate snapper in salt for at least 30 minutes. Ideally 3 hrs to overnight. Rinse off the fish and pad dry before slice into bite size and dust generous starch all over. Shake off excessive starch and set them aside..
- Heat up 1.5 Tsp olive oil and fry Szechuan peppercorns and chilies until aromatic. If you can handle its strong taste, then leave them in. Others remove all Szechuan pepper..
- Add pickled mustard and sauté until aromatic. Pour in chicken stock or just water. Cut in silk tofu at this time. Bring the pot to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Gently add fish into the soup. Cook for a few more seconds until they are done. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce if necessary. Garnish with herbs. Serve with rice..
A wide variety of preserved pickled mustard options are available to you, such as taste, flavor, and preservation process. Recipe by Nanyang Kitchen 南洋小厨 Course: Main Cuisine: Chinese. Australian Gourmet Traveller Asian-style broth with snapper fillets, oyster mushrooms and Chinese broccoli. To serve, divide fish and vegetables between bowls, ladle over broth, scatter with coriander and serve with steamed rice. Searches web pages, images, PDF, MS Office and other file types in all the major languages, and includes advanced search features, news, maps and other services. 四川火锅 – сычуаньская похлебка в горшочке, 水煮鱼 – отварная острая рыба, 回锅肉 – дважды тушеная свинина, 麻婆豆腐 – доуфу рябой тетушки, 鱼香肉丝 – свинина с ароматом рыбы, 水煮肉片 – отварные кусочки мяса, 辣子鸡 – курица с острым перцем, 酸菜鱼 – рыба с маринованными.