Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb). I could see this not only being a vegetarian-friendly Thanksgiving entree, but an easy weeknight meal for colder months ahead. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based! Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the loose in our house.
Here at Shepherd's Pie Singapore, we have catered the best hearty meals for all vegetarians and Authentic Homegrown Bakery aimed at bringing you the best shepherd's pie. This easy vegan shepherd's pie recipe is the perfect main course for fancy holiday dinners and weeknight meals alike. It's rich and savory, healthy and full of wonderful winter flavors. You can have Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb)
- It’s of Equipment.
- Prepare 2 of Pans.
- Prepare 1 of Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- You need 1 of Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- It’s of Oven.
- It’s of Produce.
- You need 1 of Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Carrots (finely chopped).
- You need 1/2-1 of Leek (finely chopped).
- Prepare 200 gms of Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 tbs of fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- It’s 3 sprigs of Thyme (leave whole).
- Prepare 1 head of Cauliflower (processed) – for the topping.
- It’s of Others.
- It’s 1 1/2 of tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- You need 1 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- Prepare 1 tbs of Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Water.
- You need 2 Cups of Almond Milk (for the topping).
- You need 1 tbs of butter (for the topping – I used a dairy free version).
- It’s 3 tbs of Parmesan (for the topping – I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- It’s 1 Can of lentils (drained and rinsed).
- It’s 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
Don't be surprised if you find yourself making this easy vegetarian shepherd's pie multiple times per week! This easy vegan dinner is comfort food at it's finest and loaded with good proteins and lots of veggies! You're going to love this meatless take on the classic Shepherd's Pie! It's just like the original except vegetarian with lentils instead of ground meat.
Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) step by step
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 – 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
The result is a delicious low carb vegan shepherds pie that the whole family will love! Shepherd's pie was a classic that many households in Australia and Britain grew up with and started as a way for people to make left-over scraps of meat and vegetables into a delicious meal. The Best Vegan Shepherd's Pie features protein rich lentils with a medley of vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with classic mashed potatoes and baked to perfection for a rustic, comfort food everyone will love! Savory, comforting, hearty, easy to make and delicious – this Vegan Shepherd's Pie pretty. Home » Featured » Vegetarian & Vegan Mains » Indian Shepherd's Pie.