Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. Shepherd's pie – perfect comfort food for cold winter days. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect shepherd's pie. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare of Large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of each red, yellow, green pepper diced.
- You need 2 Tbs of each rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of each onion and garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of low sodium beef stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond).
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 lb of bag frozen corn.
- Prepare to taste of S&P.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers.
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent.
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash..
- In a greased deep 9×13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted..
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients. Traditional Shepherds Pie Recipe and Video Tutoral. this shepherds pie is AMAZING – the meat mixture is full of flavor and the mashed potatoes are creamy and cheesy – recipe AND video tutorial.