Beef Madras Bombay Cottage Pie. Let's try to make Beef Madras Bombay Cottage Pie in your home! Today we are going to make a Cottage Pie Recipe – Cottage Pie is just a Shepherd's Pie Recipe made with Beef. Add the cubed beef and cook until it is well browned and completed covered by the spice mixture.
Cubes of home made cottage cheese marinated in our special spices & cooked in tandoor. Your right about making onion puree, I can confirm its how the Indian Restaurants do it. The trick is balance of the ingredients and this Madras is one I shall be cooking again. You can have Beef Madras Bombay Cottage Pie using 27 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Madras Bombay Cottage Pie
- Prepare of madras paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of thumb size piece of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need of Madras.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 500 grams of mince beef.
- Prepare 3 large of carrots.
- It’s 400 grams of can of chopped tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- You need 1 of handful frozen peas.
- You need 4 large of potatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 of lug of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of lug of olive oil.
- You need 1 of sprinkle of dessicated coconut.
For the Bombay potatoes, place the potatoes in cold water and bring to the boil. Heat a large pan and add the oil. To serve, place the lamb Madras on a serving plate with the potatoes. These curries are not available with any early bird or Wednesday curry night specials.
Beef Madras Bombay Cottage Pie step by step
- For the paste, add all paste ingredients into a food processor and process. Leave to one side.
- Chop the onion, carrot, chilli.
- Put half the butter and half the oil on a low heat and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the beef mince and paste and make sure it is mixed well.
- Cook for 5 mins then add the tinned tomatoes, a cup of water, carrots and peas.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30 mins.
- Peel and chop potatoes into cubes and add to a new pot.
- Cover potatoes with water and boil for 20mins..
- Add one lug of oil to a pan and toast the coriander seeds and turmeric powder for 1 min.
- Add potatoes and cook until covered in spices.
- Put potatoes, back into pot, add milk and the rest of the butter and mash.
- Place cook beef into glass ceramic dish and top with potatoes. Smooth potato on top.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut on top and put under grill for 10 mins.
- Serve with sour cream and popadoms.
All mains served with Basmati rice unless otherwise specified. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute beef for an equally comforting meal that's also freezer-friendly. Ground beef and veggies are cooked in a simple sauce, then topped with crispy browned cheddar mashed potatoes. From Joanne Ozug of Fifteen Spatulas. Cottage pie is made with beef and shepherds pie is made with lamb.