Nikki's Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's pie with creamy mashed potato and rich gravy – just like your mum used to make! Shepherd's pie – perfect comfort food for cold winter days. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect shepherd's pie.
This lightened up Shepherd's Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients. You can have Nikki's Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Shepherd's Pie
- You need 3 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of french onion soup.
- You need 2 tbsp of meat loaf mix ; i use mc cormicks.
- You need 4 tsp of beef bullion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 pinch of of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of 15.5 oz can corn, drained.
- It’s 2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of worchestershire sauce.
- You need 4 of splashes of red cooking wine (or sherry).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 8 of -10 potatoes, depending on how thick you want your potato layer.
You likely know Shepherd's pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute Freezer-Friendly Shepherd's Pie. This is a great dish to make ahead of time and store in the freezer for a future meal. Finde was du suchst – köstlich & phantastisch.
Nikki's Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare mashed potatoes as you usually do (for recipe see my profile page), set aside.
- Brown meat in olive oil, breaking up well, drain.
- Add all ingredients except corn, potatoes, and cheese, simmer til most liquid is absorbed.
- Spray 3 qt glass casserole with cooking spray and add meat mixture.
- Cover meat mixture evenly with corn, then spread mashed potatoes over the corn.
- Cook about 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Shepherds are in the business of herding sheep, which makes lamb the most obvious choice for this pie, but ground beef is a tasty addition The combination Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie is warm, hearty, and oh so delicious! Shepherd's Pie is a comfort food staple. We keep things simple with this classic recipe, and love to use ground lamb in lieu of ground beef. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.