Easy Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie -AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) & veggies in rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, & baked. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. You can cook Easy Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherds Pie
- It’s 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cavendars.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Rosemary.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Worsteshire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies.
- You need 6 oz of can tomato paste.
- It’s 5 of large potatoes.
- It’s 2 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 cup of Parmesan.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables. This Shepherd's pie is a complete meal in a single skillet, and just the kind of dinner you want to tuck into as the weather cools. Plus, it's so easy you can make it on a weeknight. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
Easy Shepherds Pie step by step
- Prehate oven to 400. Boil potatoes and make mashed potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In large skillet, cook ground beef through. Add garlic, spices, Worsteshire, wine, chicken broth. Simmer until most liquid evaporates.
- Add tomato paste and veggies. Simmer until veggies are thawed..
- Add two yolks and Parmesan to mashed potatoes.
- Put meat mixture in baking dish and top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. It's super cheap to make, freezable, gluten free. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. But, here in the USA ground beef seems to be the more popular way to make an easy Shepherd's Pie. A definitive version of the classic family recipe, this easy shepherd's pie has been Find more family favourite recipes including cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese and chicken casserole on BBC Good Food.