Cottage pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling.
Always freeze the pie on the day that you make it. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as per the recipe. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. You can have Cottage pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium onion (minced).
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic (minced).
- You need 5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1 can of sweet peas.
- Prepare 1/4 of cup shredded cheddar cheese, or as much as you like.
Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family.
Cottage pie step by step
- Preheat oven to °400, Peel and wash potatoes, dice and begin to boil..
- In a large skillet add ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned..
- Drain corn and peas. When potatoes are done, mash well. Add ground beef to a glass baking dish..
- Top with corn, peas and then mashed potatoes. Coat top of potatoes with cheese. Bake for 20 min. Enjoy!!.
This classic cottage pie recipe is easy to make and would make the perfect family meal packed with minced beef, sweet tomatoes and topped with creamy mash. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie.