My Version of Cottage Pie 😙. Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy mashed Cottage Pie is a fabulous English classic, one that us Aussies have adopted as one of our beloved winter favorites! Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze.
Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about winter. Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped James Martin's easy cottage pie recipe is a family favourite. You can cook My Version of Cottage Pie 😙 using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Version of Cottage Pie 😙
- You need 1 tbls of olive oil.
- Prepare 21 of +1/2 small onions diced.
- Prepare 500 g of Minced Beef.
- You need 1/2 Cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Grated Cheese.
- You need 1 Tsp of mixed peppercorns cracked.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chilli salt.
- Prepare 2 of Dried Beef Cubes.
- Prepare 1 of Dried Veg Cube.
- You need 1 of +1/2 tsp Cornflour mix in A little cold water.
- Prepare of Enough Potatoes for 4 persons.
- You need 1 tbls of Butter.
- It’s 4 tbls of milk or cream.
He goes back to basics to show you how to make a classic version, but easier. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Top it off with fluffy mashed potatoes, bake it in the oven, and enjoy!
My Version of Cottage Pie 😙 instructions
- Add the olive oil to a deep frying pan. Add 1 onion diced to the pan fry for 1 minute then add the cracked Peppercorns Garlic too. Mix in then add the Minced Beef. Fry until beef goes from red to brownish..
- Next Add the peas and mix in when it comes to the boil turn down and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Next step add the dried beef +veg cubes crumbled on top of the meat have at least 1 pint boiling water ready add them then add the water stir in until all mixed simmer for 5 minutes more..
- Add the Cornflour to a little cold water mix until it goes really thick you can add a little boiled water if it's too thick..
- Stir then add to an oven dish with about an inch on top of the meat so as you can add your mashed potato on top. Leave to cool. Or cover and add to the fridge for an hour (so as the mince has a sort of film on top so the mash does not go all the way through the meat.).
- Add the potatoes in boiling water and boil until soft right through about 20 minutes.( I have more potatoes on this pic to do another recipe with mash so if it looks alot that's the reason..
- When potatoes are boiled drain off the water and add 1 tbls butter and 4 tbls of milk or cream and mix all in until they are fluffy and a little creamy..
- Next add the half onion diced into the mashed potato until all mixed. Let them cool for 5 minutes..
- When cooked add to a large bowl and Spoon the mash on top of the cold minced Beef evenly all over I add tbls of mash to the rim first then work my way to the middle..
- Make lines like ridges to the Top of the mash with a fork so bits stand up. Then add to a a preheated oven 180°C for 20 minutes. Add the grated cheese over to melt then put under a grill so it goes Crisp..
- Serve hot..
This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Comforting cottage pie recipes for a family friendly supper. We have cottage pie recipes from home cooks like you, with both classic renditions and twists on the old favourite, including veggie cottage pies and This is my version of cottage pie – the comforting dish that we all love! This Cottage Pie recipe is topped with cheesy, creamy, sliced potatoes – a modern variation of a British All Too often Cottage Pie is a flavorless, soupy meat mixture topped with a mushy topping. A true classic, but this version is a little different than your average cottage pie recipe – It's topped.