Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens. Place the cornish hens on the smoker grate breast. Learn how to brine and smoke Cornish Game Hens in this how-to step by step video. These game hens are great anytime of the year but especially around the.
Slow smoking with apple, cherry or peach wood gives these little birds a light smoky flavor. If you are a fan of smoked poultry, these smoked Cornish game hens will be something to cheer about. Juicy, tender and full of flavor, they will become an all time favorite. You can have Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens
- It’s 6 of Cornish Game Hens.
- You need 8 TBS of McCormick Bruschetta Sweet Basil & Oregano Seasoning.
- Prepare 6 TBS of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 gallon of Bottled Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Kosher Salt.
- You need of Apple wood for smoking.
Traeger Smoked Cornish Hens are a fast and easy dinner grilled on the wood-pellet grill and liberally seasoned with my favorite rubs. Fire up your wood-pellet grill or smoker according to factory instructions. We love the warm, slightly sweet smoky flavor applewood gives the corn. Hickory chips might overpower here, but cherry chips would also work.
Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens instructions
- Make the brine: Mix kosher salt and water, let dissolve completely. It could take an hour or more. You can also add in some seasoning if you want to, anything you put in the brine will adhere to the meat..
- Place game hens and brine in brine bag and place in fridge for 2 to 3 hours..
- Remove hens from brine and rinse thoroughly..
- Spatchcock the hens, remove the back bone and butterfly. (You can google how to do this).
- Cover each hen with 1 TBS of olive oil..
- Use at least 1 TBS of seasoning on each hen (this depends on your flavor palate and how much seasoning you like).
- Place hens breast up on your grill/smoker and smoke until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. I use an igrill so I do not have to open the lid until they are complete..
The smoking process gives the corn ears and husks gorgeous burnished color that makes for a dramatic presentation at the picnic table. Our Hickory Smoked Cornish Game Hens are farm-raised and selected for optimal tender & juiciness to be created. Cornish game hens are spatchcocked, or split with the backbone removed, so more of the bird is exposed to rich, hardwood smoke from the grill. Cornish game hens, a type of hybrid chicken, are seasoned and spatchcocked so every inch of poultry is infused with rich hardwood flavor. Applewood-smoked foods have become increasingly popular in recent years.