Avocado Prawn Cocktail. Avocado Ritz (Prawn cocktail stuffed avocados) is a fantastic, retro South African recipe. And one I have loved since I was a little girl. Whenever we went to a "fancy" restaurant and they had Avo Ritz on.
Pass them around your Christmas do and watch as. A modern, lighter version of the retro starter, prawn cocktail. Mix prawns into sauce, approx a handful per person. You can have Avocado Prawn Cocktail using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Avocado Prawn Cocktail
- It’s 1 of whole avocado – cut in half.
- Prepare 10-12 of cooked prawns (divide for 2 servings).
- You need 2 Tbs of good quality mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of Chopped coriander (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Few green salad leaves of your preference.
Serve on top of lettuce with avocado on side of plate. I adapted this a litle and just had prawns on avocado with the sauce. For the prawn cocktail, mix together all of the prawn cocktail ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Arrange the avocado slices on top, then spoon over the prawn cocktail mixture.
Avocado Prawn Cocktail instructions
- Prepare the prawns. Place on kitchen paper towel dry the prawns to remove any excess water..
- Season with black pepper and little salt..
- Place a little drizzle of oil in the pan, and toss the prawns for 1 minute. Do not overcook the prawns..
- Remove and leave aside to completely cool down..
- In a small bowl place all the sauce ingredients, mix well. Season to taste..
- If too thick add some lemon juice to loosen the sauce. Cover and leave aside until ready to plate up..
- Only add the chopped coriander just before serving to keep the freshness..
- Prepare the avocado, cut in half, remove the stone and carefully peel the skin off..
- Start plating up. Place on a serving place. Arrange the cool cooked prawns in the middle of the avocado half..
- Spoon over some of the mary rose sauce..
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle a little smoked paprika on to..
- Arranging some green salad on the side as you wish..
- Enjoy this super easy retro style starter..
Avocado & Prawn Cocktail On Chicory. A different way of serving prawn cocktail in a chicory leaf. View top rated Prawn cocktail in avocados recipes with ratings and reviews. Shrimp Salad In Avocados, Cauliflower In Avocado Sauce (Coliflor En Aguacate), Eggs In Avocado Boats Prawn and Avocado Cocktail. Heat the oil in a sauté pan until hot.