Creamy Paprika Butternut Soup.
You can cook Creamy Paprika Butternut Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Paprika Butternut Soup
- It’s 2 of Tblsp olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of few sprigs fresh thyme.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp Spanish smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 kg of diced butternut.
- You need 2 Tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 250 ml of fresh cream.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of hand/stick blender or food processor.
Creamy Paprika Butternut Soup instructions
- Sauté the onions until soft and light brown.
- Add garlic, thyme, spices and cook out for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add butternut, brown sugar and vegetable stock. reduce heat and cover pot with lid.
- When the butternut is soft (about 20 to 30 minutes later) take off the stove and blitz with the blender.
- Add cream, salt and pepper to taste and bring back up to the boil.
- Serve hot with fresh ciabatta and a little extra cream if you like.