Butternut squash soup. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. You can cook Butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium butternut squash.
- It’s 800 ml of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup).
- Prepare 180 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare of coconut cream for garnish.
But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter. Our easy recipes include scrumptious vegetarian and healthy options. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video!
Butternut squash soup instructions
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
- Enjoy your soup :).
The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder. A savory, simple soup that's perfect for the fall and winter months. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.